helmet wearing hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
If you and your wife spout to the media on an almost weekly basis that cyclists should wear helmets just because you got hit by a truck in the USA, then it might be a good idea to wear one in public? A certain rower is at the same Center Parcs as me and I saw him riding a bike helmet less. I value his opinion, that of his wife and other pro-helmetters but it stinks of hypocrisy to then not wear one after such vociferous campaigning.

Kies

Oh no he didn't .... :reading::reading::reading:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
It's a compact site. Our paths will cross again. ...........and I have a smartphone. .......
good idea but I suspect you may get some grief for it, Mrs C was very dogmatic & brusque to the point of downright rudeness with people on twitter last time she raised their helmets are magical devices opinion

Sara_H

Guru
[QUOTE 3037438, member: 30090"]That's what the doctor who treated him said. I remember watching the programme on Discovery.[/QUOTE]
Doctors talk shoot 95% of the time.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I have seen crashes where a helmet is put to the test by a truck. Trust me if the truck is going to put the helmet to the test your head is going to be scrapped off the tarmac.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Are there any recorded instances where wearing a helmet has increased someone's head size, thus preventing a whoosh?
No recorded events of such but the Daily Mail apparently have plenty of reports that wearing a helmet protects all of the body regardless of the crash. Not wearing on will result in your 100% guaranteed death.

(Remember though it is the daily mail, not always accurate)

[QUOTE 3037421, member: 30090"]If he was not wearing a helmet that fateful day then he would have died.[/QUOTE]

You don't know that, no-one knows that

Allegedly, there is also equal grounds to a claim that had he not had a helmet on, the vehicle would have missed, and another claim that it was the helmet catching on the mirror that converted a glancing blow into a more serious injury.

He is paid by the company to promote their product and they both fail repeatedly to mention this little fact - is there not a slight niggle in your mind that this is more about the money than safety?

That would explain why his vehement "wear a helmet or die" public statements are so different from his actual practice when they suddenly become unneccessary

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Just like the supposed benefit data about helmets, a repeat sighting of the helmrtless ex-rower has eluded me. loads of other cycle-related safety stuff to report - but that will have to wait till tomorrow when I return to Chez CP and my adequate broadband connection.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You don't know that, no-one knows that

Allegedly, there is also equal grounds to a claim that had he not had a helmet on, the vehicle would have missed, and another claim that it was the helmet catching on the mirror that converted a glancing blow into a more serious injury.

He is paid by the company to promote their product and they both fail repeatedly to mention this little fact - is there not a slight niggle in your mind that this is more about the money than safety?

That would explain why his vehement "wear a helmet or die" public statements are so different from his actual practice when they suddenly become unneccessary

He cast's a hook....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom