helmet wearing hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 3038875, member: 45"]They are realistic. It mimics your head hitting a flat surface or a non-flat surface. It's the impact speed that's important to talk about, rather than the unhelpful avenue that the helmets are not tested against an original 318 door.[/QUOTE]

The other side of the equation (and slightly off topic) is why you are allowed to drive a car on the road with absolutely no redeeming features towards the safety of vulnerable road users.

Nut directly comparable, but if you have a slow speed collision with a vehicle with a EuronCap pedestrian rating of 5 stars, you are (arguably) going to be injured less than colliding with one with no stars

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Well that was possibly the most 'unique' cycling experience of my two-wheeled career. It is a bloody good job (as @User pointed out above) the great majority of people that were riding bikes in the 'safe environs of Center Parcs' only do so in such a place that is 'safe' because if they rode like that out in the 'real' world, then I am afraid cycling KSI figures would sky-rocket.

I have never in my life seen so many selfish, incompetent, dangerous, ignorant, clumsy, wobbly and plain useless 'cyclists' in my life.And looking at average car occupancy on the way out tonight, I would estimate between a 1/4 and 1/2 of the adults cycling on the park DROVE a car on PUBLIC roads to get there in the first place..........shudder

Why do we have 2000 people killed on the UK roads every year? (Rhetorical question alert)

Riding on the wrong side of the road into oncoming cyclists & ignoring the 'keep left' rule, failing to give way at junctions, failing to stop for pedestrian crossings, riding rightwards around left only roundabouts and seemingly panic-stricken to meet cyclists coming head-on at them (because they were doing it correctly). Left hooking was wide-spread as was simply stopping sideways in the middle of the cycletrack and gawping about, thereby blocking it to anyone that wanted to pass. Lights? Pah, who needs them? Ninjas were the rulers, although I easily spotted them because I was looking for them.

Facility-wise, it was really like the NL in miniture, where the bike ruled, and most people seemed to enjoy it.

Could such bike-centred culture spread?

No, and I hope it doesn't because we (the UK in general) don't deserve the freedom and pleasure the bike can provide till we can handle it responsibly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom