Helmet - would you or wouldn't you?

Would you cancel your ride if it meant riding without your helmet?

• Yes don't ride.

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The way it is framed it is only asking those who are helmet wearers whether they'd cancel a ride through the lack of a helmet. It's a very narrow poll.

@2IT will the results be open for viewing by non-voters at some stage?

GC
I don't know if you can change that in the mean time here is a screen shot of the current voting.
image.jpeg

hatler

Guru
Agreed. I'd be more likely to cancel if wearing one was compulsory.
^ ^ ^ That ^ ^ ^

hatler

Guru
Minutely more. It raises the risk from diddly-squat to diddly-squat plus somewhere between 2% and 40%, depending on the number of participants. And raises the risk of a head injury from the square root of diddly-squat to the square root of diddly-squat plus somewhere between 1% and 20%.

All of which raise the risk to something that no-one would be able to distinguish from diddly-squat.
I do like that sort of scientific precision ! :-)

Kajjal

Guru

Coming from mountain biking the attitude is very different. Most mountain bikers think you would be crazy not to wear a helmet. Having seen some nasty crashes there is no way I wouldn't wear a helmet on the bike. The risk on road maybe smaller but the impact when it happens is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Mod note:
A number of posts have been deleted. The ones left are answering the OP, or answering the opposite question (i.e. would you cancel a ride if you had to wear a helmet).

Please stick to the topic, not to discussing the pros and cons of helmet-wearing in general.

Any comments about the moderation should be made via the Contact the Staff forum, not in this thread.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We go out for rides if the helmets are forgotten when we go off to the caravan, which is more often than not.

We deliberately brought them this time as my son and I checked out a local MTB pump track. Would rather have a helmet here as the crash risk is quite high if you overcook it.

Julia9054

Guru
Usually don't wear a helmet (unless mountain biking, which I am crap at). I own one so don't mind wearing it if an organised ride demands it. I expect, therefore, that if I was a regular helmet wearer, forgetting it wouldn't stop me riding.

Nope.

But between the 6 cyclists in the family, we only possess one helmet. Those of us (not me) who ride events that require one just have to avoid double-bookings. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom