Helmets for a bigger head

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone recommend a helmet for larger head sizes? Preferably road style and fairly aerodynamic.
I went into Decathlon the other day and tried on their XL sizes (up to 62.5cm I think) and it looked ridiculous, perched up on top of my napper with all that hair on show above my ears. They had some Bell ones, which were slightly better, but still looked like I'd stolen it from a passing child.
The two helmets that I currently use aren't much better, one slides back to sit perched on the back of my skull, while the other is uncomfortable and again looks like it has shrunk in the wash.
Cheers
Stig

vickster

Legendary Member
https://helmets.org/bighead.htm

https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized-max-xl-helmet-EV180290

Amazon do an XXL Raleigh too

Kask come up in larger sizes, the mojito. Eg XL for 63-64 and they seem to fit a rounder head

I’d basically just do a trawl of all your local shops, try and buy the only way

Last edited:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I spent my whole life being medium, except for helmets which I need a large. That will explain why my dad called me egghead when I was 8. I'll forgive him one day.

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Kask fit the larger head quite nicely - I've tried the Rapido, Mojito & Protone and they all fitted when no Decathlon helmets would fit me.

Unfortunately the most expensive Protone has fitted me the best but the second best fit was the cheapest in the Kask range, the Rapido.

There are some pink or lime green ones on Wiggle for £59 - I'm sure if you look around you can pick one up in a different colour.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
gallery-1497019504-dark-helmet-unmasked.jpg

f36a57b9d1369d2e37c12ffc0bb2db12--dark-helmet-movie-times.jpg

Thanks for the replies.
I think a bit of perseverance and a trawl of the shops is in order. I don't think I'd be that confident in buying online - more due to the hassle of sorting out a return if it isn't a good fit

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the replies.
I think a bit of perseverance and a trawl of the shops is in order. I don't think I'd be that confident in buying online - more due to the hassle of sorting out a return if it isn't a good fit
Returns are ok if you use a company like CRC offering free service via Hermes, Collect+ but you still have to pack up, take to shop, wait for refund etc. If not returning a helmet costs around £6 from memory and you still have the hassle

Shops better. You could click and collect via Evans say as choice is better online. Pay in advance, go to shop, try on, immediate return if no good. Wait a few days for refund

Top Bottom