Helmets for a bigger head

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Try the Specialized Echelon 2.

I found that it sits lower on my head than other helmets (including the rest of the Specialized range) and sits just above the ears at the sides.

Very comfortable as well.

I think they’re about £50.

I found it so comfortable I bought a spare in case they stop making them.

Graham

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Can anyone recommend a helmet for larger head sizes? Preferably road style and fairly aerodynamic.
I went into Decathlon the other day and tried on their XL sizes (up to 62.5cm I think) and it looked ridiculous, perched up on top of my napper with all that hair on show above my ears. They had some Bell ones, which were slightly better, but still looked like I'd stolen it from a passing child.
The two helmets that I currently use aren't much better, one slides back to sit perched on the back of my skull, while the other is uncomfortable and again looks like it has shrunk in the wash.
Cheers
Stig

I'm in a similar position to you & find that many helmets not sit right on my bonce. Had a Giro (Monza I think) for years then a couple of years ago tried on a Kask Mojito which was a good fit & looked ok, so I bought one, but I found with that my glasses wouldn't sit right, the end of the arms were pushed out of place by the helmet, so whilst riding I was always having to push my glasses back on. At the end of last year I was in a bike shop & they had Uvex 'Race' helmets, tried one of those along with my glasses & that's a reasonable fit, so bought one of them, quite reasonable on the wallet too :okay:

Best bet is to get to as many shops as you can & try all the models available, along with your cycling glasses if you wear them, & then make your decision based on best fit & looks :smile:

Top Bottom