1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmets (help me please)

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by stumjumper08, 16 Jun 2008.

1. stumjumper08

stumjumper08 New Member

if any of you live near,in or by Chester you Would most likely heard of Delamere forest, my freinds go there and have asked me if i would tag along for a go down the track's, they all said you MUST have a helmet for going down otherwise its suicidal on the jumps...
    do you recomend any cheap and under £30 helmets that are reliable "prefferably full face " moto x style

help me you guys....

2. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

You can get perfectly good standard MTB helmets - a full face thing will cook your bonce.....

Bell do lots of 'cheaper' models. You may also get a basic Giro.

3. barq

barq Senior Member

I don't know Delamire so have no idea how big the jumps are or whether full face is necessary... but look on CRC because they have a wide range. You can pick up a good deal on an end of line helmet (but only in certain sizes). However full face will cost more than £30.

4. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

Have a look in the sale sections, I got a specialized from the previous season for £20 instead of £49 from Evans - worth trying them tho, I took the risk with mine and was lucky, but I had a rough idea as other spezialised models fit me ok...