Helmets why doesn't everyone wear them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
O I do agree !.
I just wish I could get a half decent ride in. I swear my indoor miles have far outstripped my outdoor miles and as much as I like my cycle machine, its no substitute.

I want to get out there and ride.

Licramite

Über Member
why is not wearing a helmet the default position?

sadly I think it is true, far more cyclists don,t wear helmets than do.
round my way far more cycle without lights at night than do as well. - and I live in darkest wiltshire.

Licramite

Über Member
oww.jpg matadorjesus.jpg coolest_sports_21.jpg fly.jpg

sadly because I don't like to think of people getting hurt, (though I have some exceptions)
If you read the research theres plenty of research showing the benefits of helmets, its disputed, but not disproved.
of course its just a helmet - theirs plenty of cases were it won,t be worth a damn - i include a few.

Licramite

Über Member
I,m not forcing people to wear helmets, - I think you should - but the most likely culprits will be insurance companies when personnel liability insurance takes off in this country (which they way its going it's not far away)

Already all this safety stuff on building sites is more to do with liability insurance than actual protection.
do you really think a little yellow helmets going to help when someone drops a 10 ton girder on you.

It does help in the same way a cycle helmet helps, to a limited degree in limited circumstances.

but there is plenty of studies that show the benefits of helmets, - it's up to you whether you read them or not.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
but there is plenty of studies that show the benefits of helmets

Such as?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom