Helmets!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Anyone actually payed close to or over £100 for one??

I currently have a Giro Savant 2015 model that i bought in an evanscycles sale around the time i bought my hybrid earlier in the year, but I have seen a Giro Atmos II and my heart absolutely wants it but the price is the only thing thats stopping me,

Theres not much difference between the Savant and the Atmos II however, Both of them look similar, but the Atmos II is a little more sleek and might be a slightly bit less chunkier with 1 more vent lol

Savant:

giro-helmet-savant-blk-wht.jpg

giro-atmos-ii-helmet-matte-white-black-2015-GH5ATMSWBK-PAR.jpg

I love the look of the Atmos II but £100 is a price tag thats hard to swallow. My Savant was between £50-60.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
If you pay £100 for a helmet, I suggest you are mainly paying for the name on it.

vickster

Legendary Member
No I buy a helmet that fits and is comfortable. The price is pretty much the last criteria

But I would seek not to spend £100. I'm using uvex boss race, around £50

Previous helmet (a cannondale something or other) was around £70, got damaged when I was knocked off my bike and hit my head on the ground. I'm still waiting for payout

Joffey

Big Dosser
Wasn't the Savant the top rated Giro helmet or something? All I have heard is good things about it.

I have a Kask Mojito that I upgraded to from a Rapido. You can tell the difference and it is worth the extra money but the Rapido is a budget Kask helmet and I don't think the Savant is a budget offering so the difference with Giro may not be as noticeable.

winjim

Smash the cistern
SL Roll Cage Technology innit. Enables greater ventilation for the same strength. According to their website. It's up to you whether you buy into it of course.

That was about two minutes of looking on the Giro website, BTW. Did you try that?

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Wasn't the Savant the top rated Giro helmet or something? All I have heard is good things about it.

I have a Kask Mojito that I upgraded to from a Rapido. You can tell the difference and it is worth the extra money but the Rapido is a budget Kask helmet and I don't think the Savant is a budget offering so the difference with Giro may not be as noticeable.

Savant is a budget offering actually - as most reviewers put it "top of the range features for half the price" Its not a bad helmet at all.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
SL Roll Cage Technology innit. Enables greater ventilation for the same strength. According to their website. It's up to you whether you buy into it of course.

That was about two minutes of looking on the Giro website, BTW. Did you try that?

I havent had a chance to try it on yet - I was just browsing the internets for cheap deals and the helmet caught my eye

Drago

Legendary Member
My Zen was nigh on a hundred sheets some years ago, and my Poc was 130. Alas, the Poc is somewhat less comfortable than slamming your forehead in the fridge door after 40 minutes of so use.

vickster

Legendary Member
My old Giro indicator fits ok. The road offerings all pure torture (not as bad as catlike though)

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~

Mrs M

Guru
My Scott helmet was supposed to be £99 but got it in end of season sale for £27 because they had loads of small ones left :smile:. Best I've had and a bargain too.

Top Bottom