Helmets!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Douggie954

My wife is on her second KASK Mojito as she wrecked the first one falling off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE:
Please do NOT start making any claims about whether a helmet 'prevented injury/ saved a life' as that will only lead to a 'Helmet Debate' - and this Thread is nothing to do with the Helmet Debate.

Thank you. :okay:

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Looking at the helmet again it doesnt really scream out to me much anymore. I think i was just being impulsive. Of course it looks cool & the price has dropped to £70 on sales on various sites but I definitely think there is barely any differences between the two apart from looks and that 'rollcage' on the Atmos II. The one extra vent on the Atmos isnt going to make much of a difference either unless I was cycling in the sahara desert and i needed all the ventilation I could get.

Maybe if the price drops further then i'll bite.

1421207606-52.jpg

Attachments

• 1421207606-52.jpg
    1421207606-52.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 78

Your post has been annoying me!!!!!!!

There was something wrong with that helmet and I have worked out what it is.... apart form the "Livestrong" endorsement which was usually in a black and yellow colour scheme

I have seen something somewhere. and then I looked at the massive knurled knob on the adjustment system and its generally cumbersome appearance

This is a Rocloc 5 as used on the Atmos 2:

gjrl53-1.jpg

Giro have never used a knurled knob that size on their RocLoc systems, nor is the stsyem that heavy.... I suspect that helmet is a fake!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1421207606-52.jpg
    1421207606-52.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 56
  • gjrl53-1.jpg
    gjrl53-1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I put the pic up purely as illustration since there arent many retailers that do a 'full frontal' view of the helmet - only pics of it from the side.

::EDIT::

Speaking of which... Ive found one :tongue:

Giro_Atmos_II_Hjaelm_svart_04[1000x700].jpg

Should have some pretty good ventilation id say:tongue:

Attachments

• Giro_Atmos_II_Hjaelm_svart_04[1000x700].jpg
    Giro_Atmos_II_Hjaelm_svart_04[1000x700].jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 48
I have had the atmos 1 and 2. I couldn't tell you the difference. I did get to test both of them out though on car windows. I now have a casco speedster, which has a visor but also plenty of venting compared to the ones seen earlier in the thread. I did not get it for the aero gains, just the visor. I wear glasses and it is great in the rain and snow, but I had to treat the inside of the visor with an anti mist treatment in the coldest weather, it clears ok whilst you are ridning, but when you stopped, it would mist up badly. All sorted now though.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
So a frozen noggin in the winter ;)

wear a hat or skullcap? I dont have a skullcap but i have a Snood which i bought from blacks a few years ago that i wear. Not the best insulation but it does the job and helps wick the sweat away a little when i have to start rolling up inclines and i inevitably start to overheat a little (my climbing could use a little work :tongue:)

Top Bottom