Helmets!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've got two.
A Bell XLV, which cost £30 odd quid when I bought my first bike. Does the job, is comfortable enough, the brand is good enough for Kimi Raikkonen ;) but its huge and does the full on mushroom head thing.
Perils of having a big head and being stuck with what the shop had in stock when I was there...

The other is a white Specialized Max which I got in the sale at Evans for thirty odd quid.
Much sleeker, more comfortable and doesn't look quite so huge on top of my head. This is the one I usually wear.

(I don't have a Specialized bike though - I just buy what I like, usually when it's on offer. Virtually non of my kit matches, which I realise makes me a pariah in some circles, but I don't really care. :whistle: )

Last edited:
I'm stuck with this nut protector dilemma at moment. I have tried many in shops and all look ridiculous and compared to my shoei motorcycle helmet this polystyrene crap just don't cut it. giro are huge.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm stuck with this nut protector dilemma at moment. I have tried many in shops and all look ridiculous and compared to my shoei motorcycle helmet this polystyrene crap just don't cut it. giro are huge.
Don't wear one then :smile:

Or look at alternative styles such as Bern

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Atmos II dropped to £67-68 on wiggle. No stock on the MattWhite/Black one which i wanted though. Tried to get Evans to price match but it got rejected. They want me to wait until Wiggle have stock before re-submitting for a price match.

Im like .... "Reeeeeally??!" Cuz if wiggle had stock, i sure as hell wouldnt be buying from Evans. Evanscycles just lost out on a potential sale.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Atmos II dropped to £67-68 on wiggle. No stock on the MattWhite/Black one which i wanted though. Tried to get Evans to price match but it got rejected. They want me to wait until Wiggle have stock before re-submitting for a price match.

Im like .... "Reeeeeally??!" Cuz if wiggle had stock, i sure as hell wouldnt be buying from Evans. Evanscycles just lost out on a potential sale.

Customer "£150! they're only £100 up the road but they're out of stock."

Shop "we do them for only £95 when we're out of stock"

vickster

Legendary Member

Seriously??!! Did you bother to read their Ts &Cs before taking the p!55? :wacko:

What do we match?
We match identical items (colour and size) which are in stock and ready for delivery/collection from a listed competitor. We will include delivery charges, voucher codes and other discounts when comparing items. The price (and any voucher code) must be available to all customers (VIP, membership, personal discounts or multi-buys won’t apply) and price matching can’t be used with other offers or discounts.

http://www.evanscycles.com/help/price-match

Last edited:
Seriously??!! Did you bother to read their Ts &Cs before taking the p!55? :wacko:

What do we match?
We match identical items (colour and size) which are in stock and ready for delivery/collection from a listed competitor. We will include delivery charges, voucher codes and other discounts when comparing items. The price (and any voucher code) must be available to all customers (VIP, membership, personal discounts or multi-buys won’t apply) and price matching can’t be used with other offers or discounts.

And if you go to a store (cough, Gatwick) and ask nicely they may well price match on another colour or even a different size, that's how I got 30% of my Specialized echelon, btw it's very comfy but heavy.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~

What do we match?

My bad. I never read their T&C's. I just fill out the form and hit submit

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Well.... price went back upto £85 on wiggle with no set ETA in sight apart from the quoted 'normally available in 2-4weeks'

I tried to make an offer of £60 on a pre-owned one on ebay thats been worn twice according to the seller who wanted £80 & £5 for delivery. I told him i could find it brand new elsewhere for much less and i most certainly have....

Ive just placed an order on ProBikeKit who were selling it for £75 - I had a code that gave me 15% off because it was my first order with them and that brought it down to £63.80 with free P&P...

Im tempted to screencap part of my invoice and send it to guy in a message just to make sure he knows he lost out on a sale (me being a douche :tongue:)

The only problem now though is waiting for PBK to deliver.... if they ever deliver. I was too slow to realise that they were part of 'The Hut group' which ive had mixed experiences with in the past.

But look at that sexy venting....

_57_zps1ya46edo.jpg

it makes me growl every time i see it!

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you remember Quidco for more cash back ;)

I'm not sure what is sexy about moulded plastic and polystyrene :wacko:

Top Bottom