Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
yes , fell off once avoiding dog , tumbled on to grass verge split old helmet in half so yes and always

Russell Allen

I do...sometimes and sometimes not. It depends how I feel. In reality how much protection a cycle helmet actually offers is open to debate. I would never ride without gloves though, I have turned my hands to burger meat for the last time.

Russell

C

chillyuk

I nearly always wear a helmet. I don't think it would make a lot of difference to the outcome of a major incident, but I do believe (and without any real supporting evidence) that it could help in a minor fall where my head could be skating along the road. I also wear it to shut up A&E doctors who when you go to casualty with a skinned knee ask you first if you were wearing a helmet.

chewy

Yes. But agree that alot of times may have limited effectiveness.
Also never wore one in my youth but now feel funny without one

Yes I always wear one.

I started motorcycling at 16 and it was after helmets became compulsory, so I got used to wearing one.

Now I would not consider cycling without a bash hat, just in case the worst happens.

Plus my wife would have a conniption fit if she saw my cycling without one....

crazy580

Yes, protected my head when I fell off my bike (on some black ice) and didn't stop sliding until my head hit the kerb

I always wear a cycle helmet, never did when younger though.

As an awareness of the benefits (or so we're perceived to believe), I go along with that.

Can feel a right numpty wearing it though, but I think I prefer giving some people something to laugh about rather than potentially falling and splitting my head open on the tarmac.

The head I have might not be great, but I'd rather keep the contents of it where it should be, rather than spilling out all over the road if I were ever to have a fall.

Brian

sabian92

Über Member
I do but I'm of the opinion if you get knocked off and seriously hurt and you aren't wearing one I have slightly less sympathy for you.

That and it's illegal for motorcyclists to not wear one (unless you're wearing a turban, and I'm not wearing one of those!) and we're a higher risk group than they are so it'd be pretty daft not to if they have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom