Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry if this has already been covered on here at some point but I was wondering.......
Since taking a tumble off my bike last summer I have purchased a cycling helmet and ware it when on the bike. While I'm out and about I see many cyclists some with and some without helmets.....family groups seem to be especially mixed while the children mostly have them on the parents somehow don't seem to think they need them.

So DO you or DON'T you ?

Dave

I don't, although I probably think I should. I grew up in the days before helmet and just have never bothered to get one. My wife and friends tell me I should get one.

Dave Dave Dave, put helmets in the search box and have a look at some of the previous helmet threads to gauge the potential size of the can of worms you have potentially opened.
I believe the scientific term for a thing this devisive is "FREAKIN' MAHOOSIVE"
Take solace in the fact that some do and some don't, some will and some won't, some chose too, others do so to keep others happy, some would but don't want to be forced to, some do and couldn't give a hoot what anyone thinks, and some don't and think the same.
I can think of no other cycling subject, (possibly no other any subject) that gets some people as emotive as helmets.
Hope that helps :thumbsup:

PS: I always wear one BTW

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There is a Helmet discussion section on the forum and i'm moving this thread there.
I will then sit back and watch all the usual bollocks that these threads attract.

Edit: Oh yes, no I don't. Nor does little jnr and it's no body else's business but mine.

Alun

Guru
Dave Dave Dave, put helmets in the search box and have a look at some of the previous helmet threads to gauge the potential size of the can of worms you have potentially opened.
I believe the scientific term for a thing this devisive is "FREAKIN' MAHOOSIVE"
Take solace in the fact that some do and some don't, some will and some won't, some chose too, others do so to keep others happy, some would but don't want to be forced to, some do and couldn't give a hoot what anyone thinks, and some don't and think the same.
I can think of no other cycling subject, (possibly no other any subject) that gets some people as emotive as helmets.
Hope that helps :thumbsup:

PS: I always wear one BTW
The only group that you don't get is "Those who don't and think that others should be compelled not to either."
RLJing is gaining in popularity as an emotive subject but has some way to go yet.

Don't worry about it Dave, genuine mistake, learnt from, end of. Don't take it to heart, we're a friendly bunch on here, just don't mention helmets ^_^

machew

Veteran
catmelonhead.jpg

what this one?

Another case of premature emelonation!

You really need to find some way of delaying the moment.

Posting melons before the "experiment" appears spoils all the fun.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Lol ^^^^^^^^^ Love the helmet

I would like to first say I am not a helmet wearer of such.

I purchased my 4th helmet today. Not so much out of choice though

My first helmet got destroyed under a cars under carriage. I dropped it while crossing the road
2nd helmet got wrote off in a car accident.

At this point I got the impression helmets give motorist more reason to endanger a helmet wearer so I gave it up and my third helmet got given away

Also I dont look good in a helmet. Some people look so cool in one. Not me ! Anyway Im doing the track league this year and a helmet is a BC nazi party must. As they say if you fall off you can hurt some one ??????????..... Though its OK not wearing one on a TT ???..... so I purchased my fourth. I must say this one quite suits me for some reason ? Though don't expect to be seeing me donning it unless its in the track league !

Big thanks to one of my local fave bike shops 'Harry Halls' for giving me a massive discount today !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom