Help/Advice on Electric Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Whyte

Today I came out of hospital after having the virus, sadly it has damaged my lungs more ( COPD) and for some very strange reason I now have Angina from it too. I have to build my strength up again so won`t be able to use my Whyte Ridgeway for a long time, so I want to get a Gravel/road ebike, but it has to be very light to carry up some steps. Idea`s ?

Oh price is about £4,000.

Drago

Legendary Member
What are you defining as 'very light'. Even the best of them are bricks when compared to conventional equivalents. What is light to a lumbering hulk like me might seem like an anvil to a feeble weakling like Dirk or Dave7 ;)

You then have the second problem of there being no standard measuring method for bicycle weights. Some quote without tyres, some without pedals, some ready to ride...and of those that do quote there is then no industry standard sizing schemeto compary weight for weight between manufacturers. When someone says a bike weights X kg, what exactly does that actually mean? The anseer can differ wildlymfrom brand to brand.

I'm sure its not an impossible ask, and your budget is very healthy. In your position id start scoping out some retailersmin person, because with that budget to spend it is they who should bendoing this dokey work for you.

I hope your quest goes well and you make a decent recovery.

How about a Ribble CGR AL-e? Full disclosure: I've got one set up tubeless with 650b wheels and 1x Sram gearing and it's around 12.6kg... and it's ace!

gzoom

Über Member
Think I might of found one, a bit over budget but I do like it.

Specialized Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon Evo at 12.4kg £5,500

The Creo is your best bet, its got a good motor and battery range. Your struggle to get a lighter eBike.

Top Bottom