Help/Advice on Electric Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mr Whyte

Mr Whyte

Well my beautiful new Specialized Vado arrived, and Wow what a great looking bike.

OP
OP
Mr Whyte

Mr Whyte

At the moment no pictures, as just been on to Rutland cycles telling them I`m NOT happy that Mission Control app won`t update the bike firmware, as it says take the bike to a Specialized Retailer to do the firmware update. Spend over £2,500 and it tells me to update as it is on red for a warning.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
At the moment no pictures, as just been on to Rutland cycles telling them I`m NOT happy that Mission Control app won`t update the bike firmware, as it says take the bike to a Specialized Retailer to do the firmware update. Spend over £2,500 and it tells me to update as it is on red for a warning.
thats normal.......cube/bosch can only be updated by going to the retailer

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As I have already thrown the box away, can any bike shop do it ?

No, and if it's anything like Bosch, not all Specialized ebike dealers will be able to do it.

The retailer needs to invest in a dongle and software, which not all do.

Specialized may have a different system or insist all their ebike dealers have the kit as a condition of supplying bikes.

Worth ringing your local Specialized ebike dealer to see what, if anything, they can do.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thanks, if I can`t get it sorted the bike will still be ok to ride ?

Yes, no question about that, you cannot break anything by using it.

What do you hope to achieve by updating the Mission Control app?

It's unlikely there's many, or even any, exciting new features on the update.

It may work perfectly well for your purposes as it is.

OP
OP
Mr Whyte

Mr Whyte

Just been phoning about, and have an appointment with a Specialized dealer here in town. So about a 6 mile ride in all so, just wanted it up to date on the firmware and thank you too.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just been phoning about, and have an appointment with a Specialized dealer here in town. So about a 6 mile ride in all so, just wanted it up to date on the firmware and thank you too.

There's no harm in having it up to date, particularly as it's a partly online system.

The Bosch system is closed, but even that can acquire errors as time passes, leading to faults on the road.

My local Bosch dealer recommends updating every year or 18 months.

OP
OP
Mr Whyte

Mr Whyte

This is what the app is saying.

CXRAndy

Guru
Off you go to a authorised and equipped retailer.

That is one thing that puts me off certain manufacturers, locked into taking your equipment just to get an update.

My Tesla doesn't need to go anywhere for latest and greatest updates

Top Bottom