Help - calling club members in N. Ireland / RoI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My 12yo needs some help please ...

He's registered with Cycling Ireland but they won't currently let him race, except the nationals, unless he's joined a Cycling Ireland affiliated club. However ... he lives in England and mostly races here. We're over in Ireland quite a bit due to health issue with my in-laws and he'd like to be racing whilst we're visiting.

Rather than approach a club cold are any CC members club members in N.I./RoI? My in-laws live in Rostrevor and brother-in-law in Dundalk but location's not that important!

Therefore he won't be riding with the club unless we're in the area, which is my concern about approaching a club just to get him eligible to race.

Last edited:

S-Express

Speak to BC about that. There should be no need to join a local club just to race over there - assuming he holds a BC/UCI licence the most you should need would be a letter of authority from BC.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Speak to BC about that. There should be no need to join a local club just to race over there - assuming he holds a BC/UCI licence the most you should need would be a letter of authority from BC.

As above should be a letter of authority from BC, if that doesn't work I can certainly help with club membership.

Thanks both - I'll call BC in the morning. If it doesn't work @T.M.H.N.E.T I'll be asking :okay:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Can sort out club membership for him if you like but it's not a necessity with the BC letter.

CI membership is still good to have if he tags along with a club run etc. Saves a bit of "signing on" paperwork

If you are ever Belfast - East Antrim area based can certainly get a run out, club or otherwise

Top Bottom