Help!Help!Help! going mad

fishheads

After visits to many shops and websites i have finally decided to buy a hybrid type bike but just keep getting my head mashed with information i dont understand, cassettes shifters hubs rims alloy linear, dolphin blowholes(sorry wrong site?!%)I am down to 3 choices (I THINK) UNLESS YOU KNOW OFF BETTER ONES
1.MARIN SAN RAFAEL MENS 07
2.GT NOMAD LTD EDITION 07
3.DAWES DISCOVERY 501 06
PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE BEFORE I GO MAD AND GET BACK IN MY CAR AND BECOME A LAZY B---ARD.

Plax

Guru
GT NOMAD LTD EDITION 07

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The GT looks good -what are you main uses - will it do off road, or just trails, or is it a commuter ?

I do like the more road bike - Spesh Sirrus commuters, but I'm a roadie at heart (but uses a rigid MTB for commuting) ..

As a 'hybid' you have two choices - road type or MTB type.....

Or get a proper mountain bike hardtail, stick slicks on and then you can go off road if you catch the bug...Won't be as fast as a road bike, but if you can lock out the suspension it should make a good commuter with a comfy riding position.... Sorry, just don't particularly like hybrids anymore, not sure why, but have definitely gone off them....

byegad

Legendary Member
Discovery, my wife has a 201 which is a) Cheap and ;) great to ride. I rode it home from the lbs (12 miles) and loved it.

Zoiders

GT

In the the Zaskar Urban Model rigid

Comes with slicks, has a more aggresive riding position than a hybrid and will definately outpace most hybrids, this is not including flat barred road bikes though

OP
fishheads

fishheads

they have only got the discovery in a 17"?? just my luck to bl--dy small?
it s going to be the gt or start looking again

Top Bottom