Help I have a real sock dilema!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Ok...what is it with socks...they go into the washing machine as a pair and come out pairless....we have at least 30+ odd socks which always used to have partners...what is it that happens in the washing machine which splits up so many happy partnerships??? Is there a dating agency for socks? I need to match them all back up again...or better still...HOW THE HELL DO I STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING IN THE FIRST PLACE?????

...trust me...this is importnat...I'm not sure I can deal with it any longer...I'm on the verge of...erm....a mass sock anihalation...

stevenb

Sounds like you need to introduce the colours of the rainbow to your sock drawer.
Surely that will help.
Or those weenie little socks with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday written on them.
:evil:

Plax

Guru
I think it is one of those unsolved mysteries. I can't find one of my favourite socks for love nor money - I've looked everywhere imaginable. How does a sock disappear into thin air?
What I do now is just pair up random socks. So I'll have a plain white sock with a multi-coloured stripey one for example. Nobody even bothers to take the pee out of me at work for it either.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

thing is there are 4 of us here..including two teenage lads...otherwise I'd insist we all wore the same make, colour and size.

domtyler

Über Member
I always buy the same ones. The M&S lambswool ones. Nice socks and I never need to worry about pairing, just grab any two. When low I buy another couple packs of five.

You can save yourself some grief though by simply being more ruthless in throwing socks away, just bin 'em and be done with it, I promise you you'll feel better for it!! :evil:

Noodley

Throw out most of your socks. Keep 2 or 3 pairs of the same make for work/casual. Keep 2 or 3 pairs of the same make for sport (if you "do" sport). Keep 2 or 3 pairs for cycling. How many more do you need?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Put two socks together, one on top of the other.

Turn over the top of one sock so that it is over the top of the other sock. I cannot draw a picture of this, so try it, to see if you can get what I am trying to say. This leaves the foot bit of each sock, to get clean. If you just screw them into a bundle, the socks won't get clean.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Buy loads of multi pack socks - wear them a couple of times (and wash) then they will fall to bits, get new.... those that still are hole less match to the next nearest sock.

If bike socks...oh they must match.......OCD OCD OCD OCD,,,I must stop ! :ohmy:

But my bike kit is washed on it's own, so I know it ends up in the airing cupboard by me..so it's only my fault if it doesn't get there !!!!!:tongue::wacko::wacko::wacko:

simonali

Guru
I have hoarded hundreds of odd socks over the years in the vain hope that their partners may one day reappear. I know it won't happen, but I still do it!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
My socks go missing too. I think perhaps there is something in the small elephant like sock-eater in one of Terry Pratchett's novels.

Top Bottom