Help me chose a helmet cam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard877

Hi, Ex Pat Brit living in Catalunya Spain. I tried to fix my sony camcorder to my handlebars and shook it to bits at the first attempt.
I now want to buy something a bit more robust!
I use my MTB on the tracks around where I live in the foothills of the Pyrenees. I also want to use it underwater in the swimming pool (when the grandchildren turn up) and in the sea if/when I take up windsurfing.
I have narrowed my search to ATC5K, AT-1 or Helmet Hero 5 Wide.
Any advice, guys? Any I should immediately delete?
I like the idea of the AT-1 but is it a bit restrictive? Batteries? Getting it wet. Not quite as flexible, portable as the other two. I have read so many reviews I cannot decide and would welcome some input from someone with hands on experience.
Many thanks
Richard Edwards

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
The atc5k will probably be the best all-around out of those. Of the videos I have seen on youtube the AT-1 suffers from interference in places.

What is your budget? If you spent about £50 more you could get a wired one and DVR.

OP
OP
R

richard877

downfader said:
The atc5k will probably be the best all-around out of those. Of the videos I have seen on youtube the AT-1 suffers from interference in places.

What is your budget? If you spent about £50 more you could get a wired one and DVR.
Thanks for that. Can I ask you what you mean by a "wired one with DVR"? I have to say I was trying to avoid wires. No trouble I shouldn't think on my bike or my rucksac but on a surfboard or hooked up to a kite!!! I suppose I have a budget of €200.
Richard

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
richard877 said:
Thanks for that. Can I ask you what you mean by a "wired one with DVR"? I have to say I was trying to avoid wires. No trouble I shouldn't think on my bike or my rucksac but on a surfboard or hooked up to a kite!!! I suppose I have a budget of €200.
Richard

A wired system is basically a camera that plugs into a DVR (or digital video recorder).

Fair enough about the surfing, that makes sense and I think the all-in-one would suit you better.

OP
OP
R

richard877

Help me choose a helmet cam.

Thanks for the advice.

I bought an ATC5K and so far I have been pleased with it. The quality appears to be better than I expected, although, of course, I have only been able to compare it with You Tube output.

Thanks again guys.

Richard (Catalunya):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom