Help me fault diagnose a washing machine!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Fab!
It's where I find most of my appliance spares ....
thanks for pointing me to it :smile:
there's a similar part on amazon for £5.11 but with free delivery, and another on Ebay for £5.09... saving me a further tuppence!!! :hyper:

classic33

Leg End Member
aye... i suspect that's the case.

Problem is i can't find the exact part in stock anywhere, but can find a very cheap generic part with looks like it should do the job... but I'll have to drill a new hole in the back of the machine as the screw fixing plate is different.

edit... there's this which looks like it has a fixing plate similar to what i need... yeah it says 'Servis' and I'm after a part for a Hoover washing machine, but a solenoid's a solenoid, right?

another edit... in fact, looking at the dud valve i've got, i reckon i can remove the fixing plate with a bit of brute force and fit it to a generic replacement

Part Number & model number(machine). Found both for the model number given in your Good Friday thread, priced at just over £20.
You're correct in saying its just a solenoid, but never that easy.
Voltage used to operate can vary, as can the direction. Possible causing bigger problems.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Part Number & model number(machine). Found both for the model number given in your Good Friday thread, priced at just over £20.
You're correct in saying its just a solenoid, but never that easy.
Voltage used to operate can vary, as can the direction. Possible causing bigger problems.
if you've found the actual part i need in stock somewhere, I'd appreciate a link :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
Espares from memory, but I've always bought spare parts from a service agent that's local to me or the one in Bradford.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

£23.99 on Espares... but it looks like a generic part, and not certain it's the exact one i need because the Espares website doesn't have an exact match for my model... so i reckon I'll take the same chance and possibly save the best part of £20.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

What's the machine model number? I'll check the local service agent on Tuesday.
no the sticker it's got:

AC110 DC1
n: 37613734 9842 1510

Dunno if the long number is required, Google thinks it's a phone number :smile:

and the part number for the hot water valve, according to the service manual, is 97910525

I have plumped for the generic one at a fiver on amazon and should arrive later this week, but if that doesn't do the job I'll still need to source the actual part... so your kind help may well be needed.

Do you know what sort of voltage range these things operate at? Can a working solenoid be triggered with say a 9volt battery?

classic33

Leg End Member
Think you fall a bit short with only 9V. Trace the wires back to the contol board, if there's a voltage indicated, it'll be at the base of the wires. Usually at least 50V.

See
http://www.hooverspares.co.uk/product/92202852/Washing+Machine+Warm+Water+Solenoid+Valve
&
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/hoover/...36528&path=66991,45786:66993&model_ref=978343

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
no the sticker it's got:

AC110 001
n: 37613734 9842 1510

Dunno if the long number is required, Google thinks it's a phone number :smile:

and the part number for the hot water valve, according to the service manual, is 97910525

I have plumped for the generic one at a fiver on amazon and should arrive later this week, but if that doesn't do the job I'll still need to source the actual part... so your kind help may well be needed.

Do you know what sort of voltage range these things operate at? Can a working solenoid be triggered with say a 9volt battery?
Why do you need the hot feed pipe?
http://www.applegate.co.uk/b2b-products-services/1f8887908e8611e395ed005056822514.html
97910525.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom