Help me please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
A big thank you to those who've made contributions so far!!!
Hope.its going ok I am a .it tight for cash at the moment.

It had occurred to me it might be a better approach to ask for a fund raising mission to fund find some bikes with a fixed target. It feels a bit open ended and sounds like no demo bikes no start up?

Anyway the bump was free and still thinking of ways forward..

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Hope.its going ok I am a .it tight for cash at the moment.

It had occurred to me it might be a better approach to ask for a fund raising mission to fund find some bikes with a fixed target. It feels a bit open ended and sounds like no demo bikes no start up?

Anyway the bump was free and still thinking of ways forward..

That's a very good point. I was keen to avoid the GoFund/Kickstarter route because I know they take a percentage. I might revisit that - and set a fixed target for a tangible thing, such as the purchase of demo bikes. Also, having had less than a stellar response to my various public begs to date, it's obvious that I need to to raise it from 'Mick asking for a few quid from mates' to a more professional level. One of my friends has made some very positive noises about investing proper money in it - but he's just effed off on holiday for two weeks...

Andrew_P

In between here and there
That's a very good point. I was keen to avoid the GoFund/Kickstarter route because I know they take a percentage. I might revisit that - and set a fixed target for a tangible thing, such as the purchase of demo bikes. Also, having had less than a stellar response to my various public begs to date, it's obvious that I need to to raise it from 'Mick asking for a few quid from mates' to a more professional level. One of my friends has made some very positive noises about investing proper money in it - but he's just effed off on holiday for two weeks...
One of the toughest thing raising money also I found the sales reps from companies that were really friendly and helpful when I worked for a big firm were less interested once I wanted to go it alone

Sure you have done this beforef but locally it seems really popular to arrange a cycle event at a local council run outdoor athletics stadium to have a load of demo bikes and invite schools etc along to come have a go. It might also solve the bike problem in that you could maybe convince the various bike firms to deliver the bikes to one place for just one day bit like a trade show, I would think they must have bikes around they use for display etc.

I honestly think there must be some public or charity funding available to a start up like what you want to do.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The sort of money you're looking for definitely needs proper funding* rather than casual asking around - which also means some cession of control to the funders. That might not be a bad thing if you've got funders who are supportive but demanding and make sure you do things properly and deliver on commitments.

*but it's far too small for professional investors - which again is probably helpful.

Top Bottom