Help...my Cateye computer is malfunctioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I have tried to download the instruction manual but I just get a load of goobleygook coding in a word doc (something is probably wrong my end).

I have a Cateye velo 5 bottom of the range computer. Everything on it is fine except the distance function which is not working when I spin the wheel. The magnet is in place and all connections seem ok (although it behaves as if there is a loose connection i.e it works intermitantly for a few seconds then goes off again).

It has not got wet and I can timagine it's a battery fault as all the other funtions are ok and the display looks normal.:sad::wacko::eek::wacko:

I tried a gentle tap....should I beat it harder?xx(:smile:

stevenb

Did you say that your son had fiddled with the settings BTFB? IIRC you can do a reset by holding in all the buttons....try that..xx(

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...no he had a watch that was on german time...would a reset loose my odometer level? I am proud of my 2766.1 km on it...which of course doesnt include todays efforts:biggrin:

Number14

Veteran
BTFB - If you're getting gobbledegook in a word document it may because the instruction manual is a pdf file.

You need Adobe Reader to view it. Try www.adobe.com to download the free reader.

Top Bottom