Help needed ... I think I'm going to buy an Audi or a BMW

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
This may possibly need to be part of the Personal Problems section.

We are looking to replace out trusty old Mercedes R Class - 10 years old, 130,000 on the clock. Looking around at the alternatives, the car which seems to tick most of the boxes is either a A4 Avent Quattro or a 3 series Tourer x drive.

As a cyclist I appreciate that Audi and BMW drivers are sworn enemies, how do I square this particular circle ?

In the interest of balance this is strictly a light hearted thread, I don't want any Audi or BMW owners to take offence !

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
You'll find those two very small after an R!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Good job Mr Y-Fronts isn't around. He'd be awfully cross with you, considering big planet-killing guzzlers like those.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Buy whatever you want. It is the driver that is the cock not the car if it does what you want it to that should be your criteria . I have had an Audi avant from new for the last 12 years and it has been a dependable car. I have never had a cyclist say how dare you drive an Audi to me despite it taking my bike to various cycle races around the North of England and with bikes on top of it driving around Europe.

OP
OP
rugby bloke

rugby bloke

Veteran
Good job Mr Y-Fronts isn't around. He'd be awfully cross with you, considering big planet-killing guzzlers like those.
They are not that guzzly (if that's a word). The Audi is available with a 2.0 petrol ... which is considerably better for the planet than the 3.0 diesel sitting in the R. So I like to think I'm moving in the right direction ...

Top Bottom