Help needed identifying pendant - with a swastika in it!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The third post I quoted says they go either way :wacko:
Yes, and I went to wikipedia and read the page it was copied from, and the page to which it linked, and found it unconvincing. Now more has been copied and pasted, some of which contradicts the earlier copy and paste. I get the impression that you can put it either way round and ascribe to it any meaning you want.

I guess that goes for most religious symbols though.

DRM

Guru
Thought I would share..
Ordered and received a pair of folding Continental Grand Prix tyres.
I wouldn't say they fell on, but each tyre was fitted without the need for tyre leavers.
Puncture Anxiety now a memory.👍
Whatever
OP the background to this is fascinating, might be worth getting on a genealogy website and doing some more digging regarding your RAF pilot relative, you will likely find a lot more detail with regard to exactly where he was based

classic33

Leg End Member
Whatever
OP the background to this is fascinating, might be worth getting on a genealogy website and doing some more digging regarding your RAF pilot relative, you will likely find a lot more detail with regard to exactly where he was based
You trying to deflate the OP's opinion?

DRM

Guru
sounds pretty funny that he was pretty uneducated in his "field of expertise", you know... using a symbol which another nation you hate uses is weird
Because the Nazi party were trying to be populist, they used all sorts of symbols and ideology from the past, and twisted it suit their own ends
https://sciencenordic.com/denmark-f...the-nazis-abused-the-history-of-runes/1459227
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahnenerbe

They also tried to make out that the Aryan German ideal was good reason to invade eastern countries and twisted history to back up their awful ideology by making false claims/research to prove it, all headed up by Heinrich Himmler and his propaganda, of which they were masters, indeed some of the methods are still used today, think make America great again, short snappy themes that the general public easily remember

Top Bottom