Help repair my zip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Can anyone help with this jacket.
It has a double zip, one side has jumped and now has an extra tooth which means the zip is no longer aligned so I can’t open or close the zip.

I don’t want to damage the jacket. It’s only 2 months old so I could return it as a last resort.

5852587E-60EF-45ED-A486-09B271F04F88.jpeg

C751630C-8B7D-4735-A82F-9F20986B6413.jpeg

tom73

Guru
Must the a thing about zips used now.
I had an issue with mine a few ago. I now have a jacket with a zip minus 5 teeth. :angry:
I'd not had it a year either

figbat

Slippery scientist
I'd have thought you need to work out which side of the derailment is correctly-aligned and then work the slider on the other side towards the gap. With a bit of encouragement and some moderate swear words it ought to free up. A little bit of lube might help, perhaps something waxy (but nothing oily that might impregnate the material) or a dab of soap. I'd stay clear of the more robust swearing until you know the integrity of the material.

I'd have thought you need to work out which side of the derailment is correctly-aligned and then work the slider on the other side towards the gap. With a bit of encouragement and some moderate swear words it ought to free up. A little bit of lube might help, perhaps something waxy (but nothing oily that might impregnate the material) or a dab of soap. I'd stay clear of the more robust swearing until you know the integrity of the material.
I like the lubrication idea. I'll use soapy water. Zips are impervious to swearing. I know, you can come and ask my greatcoat zip.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
While the initials SBS might signify and draw reference to the Special Boat Service a tough elite force drawn from The Marines and compared to the SAS your zip looks to be a bit of softy :sad:.
Wish you luck with it.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Can it be undone fully at either end?
No. I can’t get the two sides to separate.
I know which side has slipped. I’ve tried brute force, but don’t want to rip it. I might try the lube idea.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I had the same problem this morning - I was in a tremendous rush, so I just went with brute force - it worked. Jacket is a couple of year old though.

classic33

Leg End Member
No. I can’t get the two sides to separate.
I know which side has slipped. I’ve tried brute force, but don’t want to rip it. I might try the lube idea.
Plastic zip, use a candle.

Open fully on the slipped side, zipping up from the good side.

Top Bottom