Help restoring Polygon bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEyles

Guru
That sucks, glad you're still up and riding though :thumbsup:

OP
OP
O

oldjc

Regular
So I've been in contact with Polygon, from whom I originally purchased the bike and subsequently the replacement frame and rear wheel.

After pointing out that I received the wrong wheel but have been trying to work with it I was told the following: You have to buy a new 8-speed chain to avoid to broke the rear derailleur when you use the big chainring on the sprocket.

Ugh!

OP
OP
O

oldjc

Regular
Got it! I'm back on the road with a fully functional 24 speed hardtail. Polygon sent me a chain and 8 speed trigger to go with the wheel they mistakenly sent me.

I began with a 21 speed thinking I would replace the frame and rear wheel. I ended up replacing everything except the handle bars, fork and front wheel, front derailleur and trigger, crank set and seat. And I'll end up replacing the seat, since I've noticed its frame is tweaked.

I replaced the frame, rear wheel, rear derailleur, trigger and cables, chain and bottom bracket. The seat is leaning slightly to one side, so it'll be replaced as well.

Glad I stuck with it. Thanks to you all for walking me through it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230302_182724557.jpg
    PXL_20230302_182724557.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 2

AndyRM

XOXO
Great work! Going from zero to full rebuild can be daunting. Good to hear that Polygon were decent with you too, not a brand I'm familiar with I have to admit but fair play to them.

Top Bottom