Help setting up Tacx Sirius Turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Raine

Hi, I have just received this and believe I have followed the instructions, but cannot believe it is working properly. To be there is a design flaw, but everyone else seems to rate it highly.
I am using my road bike which has 700mm diameter wheel so have but the adaptors on. When I put the bike in the mag hub needs to be back quite a bit and it looks as though the nut and bolt that squeezes the metal bracket is the only thing keeping the hub in place....so, when I start peddling the hub just moved back slightly and my wheel slips.
Any assitance would be appreciated, or the turbo is on it's way back!

Thanks

Nick

Will1985

Über Member
I have been using my Sirius since 2007, but I cannot remember using the adaptor - that was for the smaller wheels.

This I suspect is your problem, and you aren't using the lever to put the roller in the correct place. What should happen when you put the wheel in is that it should be able to spin freely until you push the lever down. You can adjust the amount of contact (resistance) the roller has with the wheel by turning the knob underneath the lever when it isn't touching the tyre.

Top Bottom