Help to value a ridgeback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
£250 might be a bit steep, I’d pitch it at £195 and accept any offer above £150.
Looks like a 2010 model, fork could be original?
3DA5757E-1E51-4BE6-8577-0F33F4923DBE.jpeg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You guys amaze me, how can you tell it's aluminium from my crappy photos ?
The welds.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It has a Fizik Arione saddle which is a decent upgrade
A Brooks would be better :whistle:

e-rider

crappy member
You will be doing very well if you can get 200 for it. There are bikes listed on ebay that have literally been on there for 5 years - I dont understand the mindset of overpricing something and then leaving it for years on ebay. Clearly if it hasn't sold within a few months then maybe you are asking too much. My point is, using Ebay listings to get an idea of how much its worth is not very accurate. The secondhand bike market is weak for older low quality bikes. If you get offered 150 take it!

Lovacott

Über Member
Also was asked to take a stack of tyres, 8ish I think, most look used.
Are they tip fodder or do they have a value ?
If there are eight spare tyres and they are worn, it would suggest that they have been changed out and chucked in the shed for future disposal.

If they belong to the bike you are talking about, then it's had four tyre changes in eleven years which sounds about right for someone who rides a couple of thousand miles per year.

If that's the case, most of the bikes components will have also been changed out multiple times so the big question when it comes to value, is how old are the components? Are they at the beginning, middle or end of their service life?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Its a quite dependable audax / light touring bike. Your issue is people who ride these sort of bikes generally have at least one already, usually a steel one which is preferable to aluminium, and generally the bikes outlast the owners!

So they tend to be a bargain for buyers and a slightly disappointing sale price for sellers.

the snail

Guru
My point is, using Ebay listings to get an idea of how much its worth is not very accurate. The secondhand bike market is weak for older low quality bikes. If you get offered 150 take it!
You can look at sold or completed listings to see what stuff actually sells for. Looks like a nice clean bike, and ridgeway are usually decent quality, my guess would be £150 ish.

Top Bottom