Help wanted from bright techno type people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
OK - found this

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/YBLNTEK-Bluetooth-Mirroring-Smartphone-Projector-Black/dp/B082KP95V9

honestly no idea if it will work on an oldish phone - details not clear enough

several others on amazon but a lot seem to say compatible with Samsung S9/10 - so they MAY work on a lower version but who knows

personally I wouldn;t risk £15 ish on it
but trying something for at 3-4 quid - maybe worth a go - but may not work

This One is £4.99 - might work - check delivery doesn;t boost the price!!!
but I suspect you would need a new phone - my wife had similar problems and had to upgrade her phone (OK - I had to - she ain;t techy)

and I suspect I will have to soon - you really have to think of them as disposable after about 5 years

OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
OK - found this

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/YBLNTEK-Bluetooth-Mirroring-Smartphone-Projector-Black/dp/B082KP95V9

several others on amazon but a lot seem to say compatible with Samsung S9/10 - so they MAY work on a lower version but who knows

but I suspect you would need a new phone - my wife had similar problems and had to upgrade her phone (OK - I had to - she ain;t techy)

and I suspect I will have to soon - you really have to think of them as disposable after about 5 years

That looks to be the right one. I'll give it a go. I'm bound to upgrade my phone at some point before I die, so it'll likely come in for that. :laugh:

Cheers for the help all. Much appreciated. :okay:

OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
Do you have a smart TV ? You can then cast to your TV using WiFi ?

No leads needed.

I don't*, but I have other ways of connecting things to the TV. I've a specific reason for wanting to connect to the PC monitor.

*It can be a source of annoyance to others that like the latest gadgets, but I tend to find a way of keeping things working, rather than replacing them.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You do need a micro-USB connector (I checked it on the Samsung website) but if your current connector is too big then it is probably a MINI-USB!

Take a look HERE to confirm... And HERE to check if what you have is actually a different type of HDMI connector.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Is it one of these you're after?

I got one packaged with my Samsung phone. Since ordered a few more, just searched for 'mini-USB to USB-C adaptor' IIRC. Samsung branded so totally legit. Whether it'll magically make your phone work with your monitor I couldn't say, but it works fine for charging and linking to a PC.

OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
You do need a micro-USB connector (I checked it on the Samsung website) but if your current connector is too big then it is probably a MINI-USB!

Take a look HERE to confirm... And HERE to check if what you have is actually a different type of HDMI connector.
Is it one of these you're after?

View attachment 603770

I got one packaged with my Samsung phone. Since ordered a few more, just searched for 'mini-USB to USB-C adaptor' IIRC. Samsung branded so totally legit. Whether it'll magically make your phone work with your monitor I couldn't say, but it works fine for charging and linking to a PC.

The small adapter looks to be the wrong way round for what I want, as I need the tapered one to be male to fit into the phone. I think I'm more confused than ever. :laugh:

I'll see what arrives later today, and then pop into the local phone shop. He's generally helpful. Failing that, I'll get the scissors and penknife out and start butchering the bits and bobs I've got.

Cheers for the help again folks. :okay:

winjim

Smash the cistern
The small adapter looks to be the wrong way round for what I want, as I need the tapered one to be male to fit into the phone. I think I'm more confused than ever. :laugh:

I'll see what arrives later today, and then pop into the local phone shop. He's generally helpful. Failing that, I'll get the scissors and penknife out and start butchering the bits and bobs I've got.

Cheers for the help again folks. :okay:
Type C is the oval one that fits in either way round. Is that the one you ordered?

OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
OK - found this

It's arrived, and is absolutely spot on. Cheers bud. :okay:

Top Bottom