Help: Weinmann DP18 wheels any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
I'm after a new wheelset and someone offered me a set of Weinmann DP18 for 90 with tyres innertubes and that

Just needed a second opinion really. Worth it? Let me know soon as please

amaferanga

Veteran
What hubs and spokes? How much do they weigh? They're decent rims but often built up on cheap hubs with cheap spokes so they weigh a LOT.

colinr

What are you going to put them on? For knocking about in the city they'll be fine.

I'd ask how much use they've seen and what the tyres are. You can buy the wheelset new for £110, so if they're well worn with crappy tyres that might be a better bet.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
What hubs and spokes? How much do they weigh? They're decent rims but often built up on cheap hubs with cheap spokes so they weigh a LOT.

they the standard ones...yeh they are weighty compared to me last recent pair but they feel solid

What are you going to put them on? For knocking about in the city they'll be fine.

I'd ask how much use they've seen and what the tyres are. You can buy the wheelset new for £110, so if they're well worn with crappy tyres that might be a better bet.

commuting really, i cycle everywhere pretty much
they got gatorskins on so been used but kept well

colinr

£90 with Gatorskins for commuting use sounds ok to me.
A few hundred extra grams on the wheels isn't going to make much difference.

Zoiders

they the standard ones...yeh they are weighty compared to me last recent pair but they feel solid

commuting really, i cycle everywhere pretty much
they got gatorskins on so been used but kept well
The rims do not make the the wheelset.

You can have DP18 rims built up around any kind of hub, there isn't a set type of hub that comes with that rim.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
The rims do not make the the wheelset.

You can have DP18 rims built up around any kind of hub, there isn't a set type of hub that comes with that rim.

Oh ok cheers for that just relaying the info I got from
The guy. Oh well

Top Bottom