Help - Wheel skewers nut thingy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

Hi Guys,

I have started using a turbo now the nights are during in and yes although its boring I find it a very good workout.

I have one problem though. ON my rear quick release I have a plastic nut thing that goes on the right hand side(drive side) and this has become badly chewed up. I have been told I can simply replace it with a metal chrome one.

So can you buy these metal wheels skewer nuts or do you have to nick them of anothre skewer. If you can buy them is there a technical name for them as I can not find them on Wiggle.

jasper

Found these on Wiggle, looks like you will have to buy both the skewer and nut from there:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/s/Cycle/7/skewer

Try popping into your local shop, they may have one.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
If you have a word with a LBS of the less formal retail variety (such as where I go) I wouldn't put it past them to have a few spare and gladly sell you one for a nominal amount. I doubt the more posh retaily ones would. That said a standard QR skewer shouldn't break the bank.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Young Un said:
Hi Guys,

I have started using a turbo now the nights are during in and yes although its boring I find it a very good workout.

I have one problem though. ON my rear quick release I have a plastic nut thing that goes on the right hand side(drive side) and this has become badly chewed up. I have been told I can simply replace it with a metal chrome one.

So can you buy these metal wheels skewer nuts or do you have to nick them of anothre skewer. If you can buy them is there a technical name for them as I can not find them on Wiggle.

I am sure I have got one kicking around in my shed as I changed my wheel from the skewer to old school nut. I will have a look at the weekend and if I have you are more than welcome to it foc.

Proto

Legendary Member
Tacx turbos are supplied with a special skewer, designed to sit securely into the axle 'cup' part of the turbo frame. These can be bought separately if you haven't got one - see the Tacx T1402 on the Wiggle link above.

I got mine from www.dotbike.com. Phone Neil there and he'll source one for you quickly.

Top Bottom