Help with bike computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpaceSputnik

Hi All

New guy here. Looking to get back into riding after eons of not riding and setting up my old bike thats been in storage.
One thing I am having hard time with is the trip "computer". It needed a new battery and now needs to be set up. Of course no manual.
I bought it circa 2001. I managed to set the wheel circumference for the speedometer but in the process changed it from km/h to mp/h and can't figure out how to undo that. A user manual would be super dandy. But I see no identitying marks on the thing other than "Ralleigh" and "club" in the area around the screen. Anybody might have an idea of any keywords here such as model name or anything?

Much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20180106_122217.jpg
    20180106_122217.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 34

simon.r

Person
If you can’t sort it out and you have a smart phone have a look at an app called Strava.

It’s free and gives all the information that a cheap cycle computer will give you.

OP
OP
SpaceSputnik

SpaceSputnik

I use Strava, thanks. But having an instant readout in the line of sight is always nice. Especially one that requires no maintenance of any kind :smile:
It is also a matter of principle....I used this thing in 2001 and it would be nice to continue just for the heck of it.

OP
OP
SpaceSputnik

SpaceSputnik

Mode Button whilst pressing the other?

I wish it was that easy :smile:
When I am in the first mode where it shows total mileage I need to hold the left button for a few seconds. Then it takes me though setting units, wheel circumference and total mileage. Won't work in other modes.
Battery pull works fine too :smile:

20180107_201901.jpg
20180107_201913.jpg

Top Bottom