Help with Chromecast, please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let me say from the outset that I am not remotely tecchie, but here goes.....

We have bought a Chromecast for our main TV. I have got it plugged in and working, but speech and picture are out of synchronization, particularly when watching Netflix, which I am casting from an android tablet.

Google tells me that I can change the "latency" i.e. the time delay between speech and pictures, by going in to the advanced menu. But I can't find an advanced menu anywhere. There is a settings menu, but nothing there is labelled advanced and nothing relates to latency.

Can anyone suggest where to find the advanced menu if you don't seem to have one, please?

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Does it mean in the app, the device or your router? The only time I can ever remember seeing latency settings is in the router set up. I can’t remember seeing anything to do with latency in Chromecast setup.

Sorry I can’t help further.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a delay setting in one of my TV's menus. I was watching some YouTube videos on the TV and noticed a lip-synch problem when listening through the TV's soundbar. I was able to minimise the problem. It probably wasn't absolutely right, but enough that it didn't bother me any more.

OP
OP
Salad Dodger
Just in case anyone else hits this problem, I have found a way to solve it.

On advice from the interweb of suggestions, I relocated the router closer in the house to the Chromecast, but this did not solve the problem.

But in the settings for each individual Netflix film, you can specify whether you want the soundtrack to your film to be played in "standard" stereo, or (default for most films) in Dolby stereo. In Dolby, the latency problem occurs. In standard stereo, I experienced no latency. I watched two films last night, whilst Mrs S was away with some ex-work friends, with no issues whatsoever.

Result!!!!!

Top Bottom