Help With Dropper Lever Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Bit of a long shot. I have a Sartorio dropper post. It is the same as the Rsp. I overtightened the remote lever and broke the mounting :angry::banghead:. The manufacturer apparently doesn't sell spares. The lever pulls a standard gear inner to release the dropper and is spring loaded. It doesn't need to lock like a remote suspension lever. I have seen a couple of possible alternatives but they are thirty quid for a basic lever which seems a bit pricey. I have also thought about cutting down a brake lever but it would be bulky. Has anyone got any ideas or recommendations for a cheap handlebar mounted replacement lever? the dropper was only about eighty quid so I don't want to spend a lot. Any ideas appreciated.

Bit of a long shot. I have a Sartorio dropper post. It is the same as the Rsp. I overtightened the remote lever and broke the mounting :angry::banghead:. The manufacturer apparently doesn't sell spares. The lever pulls a standard gear inner to release the dropper and is spring loaded. It doesn't need to lock like a remote suspension lever. I have seen a couple of possible alternatives but they are thirty quid for a basic lever which seems a bit pricey. I have also thought about cutting down a brake lever but it would be bulky. Has anyone got any ideas or recommendations for a cheap handlebar mounted replacement lever? the dropper was only about eighty quid so I don't want to spend a lot. Any ideas appreciated.
Could you post a picture of what you have broken so that we can have a think?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I assume there's something springy you're connecting it to? I confess I have no idea what a dropper lever is!
I mention it because there's no spring in a gear lever - it relies on the spring in the mech itself.

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I assume there's something springy you're connecting it to? I confess I have no idea what a dropper lever is!
I mention it because there's no spring in a gear lever - it relies on the spring in the mech itself.
I will have to double check but I suspect the dropper has the return spring in it rather than the lever as per a gear mech or brake. A dropper lever is just the remote lever that lets you raise or lower the saddle using a dropper post.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I will have to double check but I suspect the dropper has the return spring in it rather than the lever as per a gear mech or brake. A dropper lever is just the remote lever that lets you raise or lower the saddle using a dropper post.
Surely there is a spring in the post? I can't imagine that it has to be hauled back up by the cable!

Is it this one? http://www.tredz.co.uk/.RSP-Plummet...gle_shopping&gclid=CM7douvmsdACFfcK0wodB5YELQ

Apart from the fact that the clamp's broken, how do you rate it? I've never used a dropper post and as a recent returnee to MTBing a couple of people have recommended them to me. I've been put off by the cost of most I've seen, but that's a more reasonable price.

I wouldn't bother getting one Simon.
No more than an unnecessary weight and maintenance penalty.Which you won't use .
I had one and I didn't use it once.
IMO of course.

Top Bottom