Help With Dropper Lever Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Is it this one? http://www.tredz.co.uk/.RSP-Plummet...gle_shopping&gclid=CM7douvmsdACFfcK0wodB5YELQ

Apart from the fact that the clamp's broken, how do you rate it? I've never used a dropper post and as a recent returnee to MTBing a couple of people have recommended them to me. I've been put off by the cost of most I've seen, but that's a more reasonable price.

It is similar but mine was the older version with the rubber concertina boot on it, so that one looks nicer if you are into the aesthetic side of things. Apart from the clamp breaking that was my fault it had worked flawlessly for the last 12 to 18 months. I have found it useful on steep technical stuff out in the Pennines, as you can really get your weight back and low without thinking about it. All that said I rode the black at Llandegla without it the other day without it and I didn't feel I needed it although I was running a shorter stem than I used to and had the saddle a inch or so lower than I would for riding xc.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As Hacienda implies, some of the steep Pennine descents can be very scary with a high saddle. I haven't got a dropper post so I have stopped at the top of a few beasts and lowered the saddle the old-fashioned way, or got off and walked down. (Staring straight down at the front hub on a rock-strewn 25% slope is intimidating!)

Top Bottom