Help with my Kettler Ergoracer PC connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clitherow_King

Hi,

I believe someone posted a similar request for help last year but there was not much response so I'm trying again as I have the same issue. I have a Kettler Ergoracer stationary bike and I would like to connect it to a PC to use the updated programs from Kettler available from http://www.kettlerusa.com/page90.html

I did contact Kettler UK about the supported Ergo Conzept software but this takes over control of the bike computer and you need to ride using the PC and I just wanted to update the factory shipped programs and it appears this method isn't supported any more but they still have the spreadsheets on their site.

I found a way to remove the sheet protection from the spreadsheet so in theory I would be able to update the program wattage ratings in the spreadsheet and create my own bespoke programs but connecting it to the serial connector on the bike has failed.

I have tried using a USB to serial cable and the driver for this appears to work fine, I can set the serial port to emulate via USB but the Kettler software can't see the bike.

I would be interested to see if anybody else has tried even if this is a straight serial to serial since I might consider trying this but I would need to move my main computer to the bike since my laptop only has USB but it seems like hard work.

Cheers,

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just go out on the road...far more fun and a lot less trouble...I hate turbos....

Could be all sorts of issues - have you 'tested' it with your main pc..... does it work with the older software ?

OP
OP
C

Clitherow_King

Well I finally managed to get my laptop to see the bike with a new USB to serial cable. Not sure what was wrong with the original cable but before I gave up I thought I would try a new cable from Maplin and if that didn't work then nothing was going to.

The original was an E-bay purchase and I know same cables are wired differently and the driver is very important since it has to emulate a serial port.

So I can now use the spreadsheets to update the buult in programs and I believe I can modify these by removing the sheet protection in Excel.

Many thanks,

Top Bottom