Help with my Magicshine MJ-808 please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodd82

Hi

Two parts to this:

1. I am having a lot of trouble with the o-rings, to the extent that as I ride along, the light slips from it's downward pointing and points straight ahead or up. I keep nudging it down, but eventually this results in the whole thing coming off.

Very frustrating to have to stop! Any tips on how to keep it in a secure position?

2. Given the trouble that I'm having, is there a handlebar mount that I could buy, to fix the light into position and take away my troubles?

Much obliged to anyone that can help as I'm worried about how dangerous this will be in the absolute dark.

djb1971

Legendary Member
Look on CRC for a hope mounting bracket. That's what mine are on.

Are the cables too tight and pulling the light as you turn the bars?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Put an old bit of inner tube around the bar before attaching the light and sling it under the bar rather than on top. Iirc there is a thread on here about modifying the mount but I think they no longer sell the bit you need.

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

Thanks Hacienda - but sling what under the bar... do you mean the way the o-ring is attached?

Thanks!

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

Sorry DJB I missed your comment!

I'm not sure what is causing it to be honest.

What is CRC? Sorry - total beginner here :smile:

BigTam

Über Member

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Easiest way is inner tube - you'll need to tape one end to the bars, then wrap round. You can secure the tube with electrical tape. This also still alows quick removal. I just use a wrap of electrical tape on my MTB bars.

As others have said, the Hope mount is the current one to modify.

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

fossyant - is the purpose of the inner tube to make the handlebar wide and harder for the light to slip?

Sorry - I'm not the mos technical person on here by a long chalk!

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

Thanks BigTam - does that then require modification for the magicshine light to fit?

Top Bottom