help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
Hi looking for advice my bicycle was in a LBS and has been stolen from them a long with most of there stock the shop is shut no answer on phone or emails police not much help is the bike shop responsible for its safe keeping when it's in there shop

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Wow it has to be their insurance that sorts that out ! Hope you gey sorted and soon mate, but then again it may not be a bad thing if you get a brand new bike out of them

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
Thanks for all the replys owner has just got in touch with me my Bike is safe looks like the thieves where only interested in the carbon bikes they stole one customers 8000 time trail Bike loads of lessons learnt

S.Giles

Thanks for all the replys owner has just got in touch with me my Bike is safe looks like the thieves where only interested in the carbon bikes they stole one customers 8000 time trail Bike loads of lessons learnt
A bit of an insult, but you're probably not complaining. Reminds me of one time when I was living in Prague. Thieves broke into my house but didn't steal anything. I felt like asking them 'what's wrong with my stuff?' They should have taken something just out of politeness!

Steve

OP
OP
Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
I just put it down to they don't know what they looking at I am so pleased to be gettingit back its not just a bBike I got the bike in 1987 its a tommasine super prestige SLX it took me a year to save up for it no insurance money would ever cover what is worth to me.
I don't think I would ever leave it again in any bike shop over night big lesson learnt I feel really sorry for the owner of the bike shop he has lost 40000 pounds worth of bikes and can not get more stock on until all the insurance is sorted it just makes me wonder how some people could do this to a small business

S.Giles

These characters are out there and lack any sense of morality. Google 'Music Ground' if you want another example of dodgy dealings by people who should know better.

These days I try hard not to get too attached to physical objects, preferring to value an item's utility rather than its intrinsic desirability. There's a psychological burden that accompanies the ownership of stuff that I'm no longer comfortable with. It's difficult to be a Gandhi in this materialistic society though, and I admit I'm not always successful. There is considerable cultural pressure to acquire ever more possessions.

Although I really like my bicycle, I doubt it's monetary value is much more than £100, which suits me fine. I neither want or need anything more exotic or expensive. It does everything I ask of it, so throwing another £1500 at the problem wouldn't actually achieve anything useful.

Steve

Top Bottom