Help !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is the alcohol dependency getting you down or are you drinking because your depressed?

I reckon if you concentrate on getting your life on track the drink will become less of an issue.

My problem is that I dont seem to have a problem with my consumption of huge volumes of drink.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I think you've been really brave to tell everyone, and I don't think anyone would think any the less of you - rather the opposite for having the courage to face up to the problem!

As ever, I have no pearls of wisdom, but lots and lots of sympathy. Virtual hugs all round!!

(I'm not a health freak either. Yesterday for dinner I ate a really nice posh burger with a blue cheese dressing, some fat chips, bread and butter pudding and a hot chocolate)

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
mickle said:
Is the alcohol dependency getting you down or are you drinking because your depressed?
A bit of both really, the drinking gets me down, then drink is a depressive drug, it's like being on a helter skelter, no matter what, you just get lower. !

mickle said:
I reckon if you concentrate on getting your life on track the drink will become less of an issue.
Agree with that, life has gone off track, Jan ((Ms. F) god bless her) has suffered a lot since I moved up here to be with her.
mickle said:
My problem is that I dont seem to have a problem with my consumption of huge volumes of drink.
I never did or do (lie), it's the constant topping up that fecks me up !!

What do you drink El? If its White Lightning/Special Brew snakebites with Sambuka chasers you may need much more help than can be provided within the pages of the Cafe...

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
mickle said:
What do you drink El? If its White Lightning/Special Brew snakebites with Sambuka chasers you may need much more help than can be provided within the pages of the Cafe...
If out, Guinness, if in t' house, Carling and maybe a sniffter of voddy 'n coke, nothing major. But I start and cannot stop AAAaaaaargh !!

Can't even remember the last time I woke up feeling pished, that's how regular it's getting.

Sometimes life gets locked into a circle. It's hard to imagine how to break that circle. Number 1 is recognising you're in it, sounds like you've got that one sussed. Then it's just a question of small steps outside the circle. Sometimes you can do that yourself and sometimes you need anothers help. Eventually, you find that the circle breaks without really realizing how it happened. It's also the nature of certain things like depression that you suddenly find yourself back in the circle. Again knowing that may happen is the biggest help to when it does.

I wish I had some real pearls of wisdom, but I don't, only good wishes and a few typed words I hope might help.

Pete

We're all here to listen to you, and don't you forget it: and if you want something said, whatever, something to help you along a bit, maybe someone'll say it.

Forget about us boasting of being 'health freaks'. If you've been following the recent 'veggie' stand-off - and I know you have, you've contributed to it :biggrin: - don't get the impression that guys like myself - for all I may have come across all 'superior' and pompous - don't imagine I'm some sort of super-fit-eco-hero type! I'm munching through a bag of crisps as I type this! And my waistline! xx(:blush::smile: Non-meat food does not equate to healthy food!

I can only, like the others, encourage you to keep on at the bike: cyclist as you are, you owe this much to yourself. I can't begin to suggest what the next step after that might be. But be very sure of one thing: once you get on that ladder and take the first faltering step, we shall be right behind you!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
43 year-old depressive here, who has already suffered first heart-attack, with an ever increasing waistline....
Yep super-fit regular guy here then...

Elmer, you are very brave to share with us, keep talking, I have found that being able to say what I feel to people who are not closely linked to me has been very important and in the past that has included C+/this place. Being able to talk is a very good start, bottling things-up is the way to further ruin.
Rootin' for you. FF.

Yes - I'll echo all the good comments on here. I'm as ordinary as the next but here is a little 'club' on the net when one can feel welcome - often as not by laurence, or yourself Elmer.

Tiny parts of this forum may help us all deal with stuff now and again, so;

No dud, just Fudd
And no intolerance -
just laurence.

(and post the photos laurence!)

domtyler

Über Member
What is this compulsion we have to drink alcohol? I've been really busy and stressed at work lately, coupled with a really busy time at home with the missus working a lot at her part time masters degree plus the baby just being demanding and not giving us sleep, all I want to do is drink beer at each and every opportunity.

Elmer, are you feeling down or just drinking heavily?

Top Bottom