Help !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

medals

Buggi, your experience is very similar to mine and mine came to head this summer. A blessing in disgiuse I think 'cos at least I'm getting help now.

Elmer, as the last pages have demonstrated, you are by no means on your own here. I, like you, am dependant on alcohol. I can go all day without one, but anytime after six pm, well, I'm constantly fighting the cravings (and usually losing). With me it's cider.
May I suggest a good book on the subject of stress related depression. It's called 'depressive illness curse of the strong'. About six quid from Amazon, it's not a heavy read and I've found it very helpful.
Good luck mate.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Kirstie said:
Elmer am I right in thinking from previous posts you've made on other threads that you're already taking some drugs for depression? Have you checked their compatibility with alcohol because some of them can have a weird effect. Anyway, having suffered from depression in the past, the hardest thing is to get up and do something about it, because the illness itself just forces you into an inert state. It seems like you've broken that barrier to some extent by posting about it on here. Are you having any talking therapy alongside your medication? It's worth giving that avenue a try...

By the way, judging by some of the posts on here you're not alone!

My Doc has told me (obviously) that I should really avoid alcohol, but as she is aware of my "problem" has told me to "be careful". When I 1st joined the practice the form asked, do you drink ? I wrote, do fish swim ?

I don't get drunk but that's mostly my tolerance level now I suppose.

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Tetedelacourse said:
I hope you can get your situation sorted out Elmer.

Cheers for sharing, makes this place much richer, more meaningful.

One thing that's bugging me Tete is that every time I see your Avatar, I get "Ugly Bug Ball" coming into my head !!!! :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin: :blush:

Go on Peeps, down load it from Limewire, find a post by Tete and play the tune. Hilarious !!

Tetedelacourse

Elmer Fudd said:
One thing that's bugging me Tete is that every time I see your Avatar, I get "Ugly Bug Ball" coming into my head !!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :ohmy: :smile:

Come one and all, one and all, one and all...:blush:

I'm sorry pal, but Gimpy stays. You're just going to have to come to terms with it.

Dunno what I did with Nik Nak.

Top Bottom