Here we go again.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
As long as it's not a lemon I think you'll be fine.

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
20181112_091501.jpg

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
Made a bit of a start. Quick wash and started taking the horrendous wiring off. Hubs dated 51. Say reg harris road model and lenton on the seat tube . Rims appear to be either stainless or alloy.

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
Had a potter in the garage after work. Doused the hubs in white spirit to soften up 70yrs of thick, black gungey mankyness. Alas. The toggle chain on the driveside has snapped off. I'm l3ad to believe these are made out of unobtainium.
Can't make my mind up whether to just service this one and oily rag it or rip it down and do a job on it. New paint, pair of drops and a brooks saddle

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
What hub is it? Only the two-part indicators are rare and some of those can be replaced with a normal HSA125 indicator if you swap out the clutch key for an AW one.

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
Hi Rog,its an FG.
The threaded part on the toggle has snapped. Not the internal thread but the thread where the barrel adjuster is.

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
That should be fixable. An expert can rivet a new threaded piece onto the existing chain.

Don't remove the armature without a proper SA keeper ring. It is instantly rendered useless if it is ever taken out of iron.

Top Bottom