Here we go, it started.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I was outside Aldi here in Meanwood today,when i asked a shopper is that cake Stollen,no she said i just bought it.What a cracker it's the way i tell 'em.

A local supermarket has an aisle full of advent calendars, and several lical eateries have got their Christmas advertising up.

An ex-work colleague, with whom I keep in touch, will surely be sending me photos of shops full of Xmas tat, very soon. She loves Christmas, I am a miserable curmudgeon about it.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Well last weekend the wife made our Christmas pudding and I made a batch of mincemeat
99938DD0-162B-42D3-9F80-7F05E40FD4F2.jpeg

In a few weeks it’s time to make the Christmas cake and the pickles/chutney plus my chilli jam.
Bloody love Christmas me.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
Local garden centre has had Xmas cards on sale for two weeks.Also advertising breakfast and lunch with Santa.
Willing to bet the Easter Bunnies are marking Jan 1 in there diary’s.

perplexed

Guru
We went for a walk in and around lovely Eyam a couple of months ago - there was a house with the lights festooned around the outside.
To be fair it was during the day so they obviously weren't on, but I imagine they never actually come down.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
:snowball:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
This thread has made me depressed at the thought of the C word. I hang on long enough before starting the festive period and I don't really enjoy C*******s until it is over.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've seen the odd festive box of chocolates, but my local Morrison's is rammed with Halloween tat. For once this year I may get started on my shopping early and actually send some Christmas cards.

A few years ago one of the kids went all eco-warrior on us and asked if we really needed a real tree, we'd trid potted trees with no success and Beautiful Wife was heard to say "Papa can make one..." I eventually glued together some cardboard and painted same thinking it would tide us over until I could make/get a better version.

Of course we're still using it several years later...

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I've already seen a Christmas magazine in our local superstore that begins with an 'A' (but spelling out their name turns it into an advert on this forum, so I'll deny them some advertising mileage out of what I write:okay:) & they have warning leaflets for fireworks on display. Just waiting for next years Easter eggs....:laugh:

Top Bottom