Here we go, it started.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Check @TheDoctor's avatar.

subaqua

What’s the point
Costco already have their fake trees for sale in store, and various other Christmassy stuff. I'm likely working this year so not really bothered anyway...

not forgetting that Costco sell to retailers as they are technically a "wholesaler" so need to be a few months ahead of "the norm"

One of the sofa companies has been advertising "buy now for guaranteed Christmas delivery" for a couple of weeks now. Well, it is only three months away now...^_^

Most are made to order rather than stock items so thats a reasonable advert ..

Got the Brussel Sprouts on yet ? :hungry: :whistle:

Waaaaay too late unless you like them like bullets - ours went on on Easter Monday ..

[QUOTE 5393253, member: 9609"]aye but they leave here for not much more than a tenner -[/QUOTE]

shock Horror - retailers with massive overheads increases prices from supplier to make profit..

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
One of the few good things about this early Christmas shenanigans is that Aldi should have their Advocaat back on the shelves soon. I love alcoholic custard,but i don't like paying for the Warninks one which is about 15 quid a bottle!

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 5399319, member: 9609"]that's an unfair response, no one is suggesting retailers can't make profits. it appeared that one poster assumed the £60 was for the grower, I simply just cleared that up and said the grower got little more than a tenner. I made no comment on whether or not the difference was excessive.[/QUOTE]

How is it an unfair response.

i didnt make comments about excess , i commented that retailers charge more so they can make a profit.

profit is an overall. so retailers often make losses on certian products in an effort to bring the punters in and then make the money on other items. Loss leaders i think the term is.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Christmas ads on tv have started. I hate it. Next, who is going to be first displaying their Christmas tree and thousands of lights all over the front of their house?

A "garden centre" about 4 miles from me, has had their Christmas displays up since around the second week of September. I can't help feeling sorry for the staff who work there and who would otherwise look forward to Christmas, as I would imagine their pleasure receptors are completely dulled by the middle of December.

vickster

Legendary Member
This is opening on the local high street...gawd

Attachments

• 25B07CD1-D556-46A9-92CC-5100712C44A7.jpeg
    25B07CD1-D556-46A9-92CC-5100712C44A7.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 23

Drago

Legendary Member
Christmas begins December 25th, and ends on Twelthnight. Get over it, society.

Top Bottom