Hereford to Hay-on-Wye - Sat 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

DRSquirrel
Deaksie
Rhythmthief
MrPaul
BrumJim +1
Angelfishsolo
E11a
Sapper
Banjo
TrickyDicky
Lukesdad.

Tricky s train gets in at 10.20 so we ll get underway as soon as he joins up, if thats OK with all.

TD has a 3 minute connection at BHM to get a train that arrives at 9:20 - its only if he cannot get this he will get in at 10:20.

Obviously if he is early we won't be leaving until everyone turns up!

lukesdad

Thank you for the clarification DS. The difference between the condemned man ate a hearty breakfast or not as the case maybe. :whistle:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I think I'll get there for 9:20 and have a hearty breakfast whilst waiting.

Any recommendations? Morrison's is just nearby, but there is a bus station café that gets a good review on t'internet. Pumpkin on the Station - I have a bite card for 20% discount there, so is this an option too?

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

Cafe in the station sucks (well it did 5 years ago the last time I used it)

Could just go to the burger van up at B&Q, yum (infact I might do so myself!)

lukesdad

Cafe in the station sucks (well it did 5 years ago the last time I used it)

Could just go to the burger van up at B&Q, yum (infact I might do so myself!)

If its with onions you can damned well ride at the back...second thoughts thats no good we won t know where we going :sad:

The bus station caff is pretty good, but the best caff in Hereford - by some distance - is round the back of the Green Dragon hotel, just off the big square in the centre and is called Flying Monkey cafe (honest, it is). It's not cheap, but the food is excellent.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Hope you guys all have a good ride, i'll be testing out the Gospel 2 weeks before with the club, going to do the route used by the Gospel Pass Audax from Chepstow.

Did the Gospel Pass 150 audax (its 160 really) earlier this year, really enjoyed it . The descent from the top of Gospel pass down to Abergavenny is amazing, just goes on and on. Take your camera.

Link to the Audax route My link

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

The decent do Aber is good because its long and down - but I dont like how narrow, closed in and wet/muddy it is even if its a good day. It is also (despite the above) a very good return climb - its a long one but its fast :smile:

Top Bottom