Hereford to Hay-on-Wye - Sat 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glover Fan

Did the Gospel Pass 150 audax (its 160 really) earlier this year, really enjoyed it . The descent from the top of Gospel pass down to Abergavenny is amazing, just goes on and on. Take your camera.

Link to the Audax route My link
Cheers for that, it is the route we shall be doing. Only difference is that we are starting across the bridge in Thornbury, so will end up being nearly 200km!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Okay then, bung my name on the list, please.

Can you also add the name of my brother in law (Rob) to the list, please.

lukesdad

DrSquirrel

Rhythmthief

MrPaul

Brumjim +1

Angelfishsolo

E11a

Sapper

Banjo

Trickydicky

Pubrunner +1

al-fresco

Lukesdad

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Hmm, i might come depending how much train tickets are on payday.

Sadly, in the region where I live, there don't ever appear to be :sad: (or have been) any CC Rides. To take part in any CC run, I have to travel a fair way.

I've done only one CC Run; it was in Yorkshire and organised (very efficiently) by ColinJ. I had a great time !

Since Hereford is 'only' 70 miles away, this feels as if it's on my doorstep.

Frankly, the main difficulty of any ride, is getting to the starting point on time. In which region do you live ? It might be the case that another CCer can give you a lift. (If North of Hereford, I may possibly give you a lift)

If you do this ride, I'm sure that you'd be pleased that you decided to do it.

Stop 'faffing about' and get your name down ! :thumbsup:

Glover Fan

Hope you all have a good ride. Do not underestimate the gospel. I did, but I did manage it all the way up.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Was feeling quietly confident about not embarassing myself, given the recent dash for the bottom of the climbing league table. Until I remembered that I haven't attacked a decent elevation for over a month.

Oh, well. :rolleyes:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Hope you all have a good ride. Do not underestimate the gospel. I did, but I did manage it all the way up.

What gearing were you using ?

Just how steep is Gospel ? (I'm not sure if I could 'get by' on 34 X 25 or go for a bike with 34 X 28)

Top Bottom