Here's one I prepared earlier: Children's Cycling

Discussion in 'Family and Recreational Cycling' started by mickle, 27 Feb 2012.

1. Lincov

Lincov Active Member

2. ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass Guru

Thanks for that!
    Am about to invest in a new bike for my son and up until now I've always bought him a cheaper bike, just as you described...

mickle likes this.
  3. Cirsten

Cirsten Member

Loved this! I'm hoping to let my son ride to school on his bike, and me on mine (when I get one). I think we'll enjoy these rides together. I've also enquired about a local bikeability course for both of us to go on, since although I know how to ride a bike etc, I think it would be good for us both to have training on how to ride safely from someone qualified to give said training. I'm looking forward to it!

Shaun likes this.
  4. william_just

william_just Member

Excellent thread. And I think the quote above hits the nail firmly on the head. THIS should be the nexus of cycle campaigning! Getting kids riding bikes must be normalised. I take my hat off to anyone who trusts their kids to cycle around town on their own.

If anyone's interested I've written a picture book for kids on this very subject, entitled "Young Bikers Cycle to School".

You can see it here: http://yngbkrz.tumblr.com

Last edited by a moderator: 28 May 2014
    mickle likes this.
  5. Craig Walker

Craig Walker New Member

That's a good thread. I didn't give any thought to the balance bike for my 2 young boys who have just recently made the transition from stunt scooters to bikes. My wife does not drive so the morning commute to schools is a mile cycle/scooter ride. We have some beautiful cycle trails within a short drive from my house. Can't wait until we can all do it as a family.

mickle likes this.
  6. growingvegetables

growingvegetables Guru

Go for it, mate!

There's only one crucial health warning missing.

By God, you MISS it once the kids are grown up and left home!

Trying to persuade the older ones to get their acts together with their respective partners, so I can teach THEIR kids. But, damn'em, they're resisting. Seem to think there are other priorities in life.

Stephenite and Shaun like this.
  7. Pico Triano

Pico Triano Active Member

mickle likes this.
  8. mcnute

mcnute Active Member

Wise guy your little one!

Pico Triano likes this.
  9. Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde Über Member

No need to look at anything else, exactly what i was looking for, cheers mate

10. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Bit of a thread resurrection but as usual a great post by @mickle . :bravo:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice