Herne Hill Velo

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by ozboz, 1 Apr 2017.

Tags:
  1. ozboz

ozboz Über Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg went there today , a great job on the new building , We got some good riding gear from the jumble man , brand new jackets , £5 ,so got one each , saw comp rides from juniors to senior men and ladies , a good aftrenoons viewing ,

gaz71 and raleighnut like this.
  2. Vertego

Vertego Just reflecting on the meaning of life.

Superb transformation. However, a lot of the peripheral seating seems to have gone.

Having said that, what was wrong with the old 'building'? :rolleyes:

herne-1.jpg

...and that was only 18 months ago!

3. OP
    OP
    ozboz

ozboz Über Member

image.jpeg I went there last year before the rebuild , on a busy day they will struggle for seating , it looks as though they have incorporated some of the old columns into the newbuild ,
    An excellent project fo the use of Lotto funding , and it really is a sport for all , regardless ,
    Ms ozboz plans to give it a go joining one of the Ladies only sessions , here she is watching ghe elimanation event , sporting her new £5 cycling jacket !

4. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

Last went there in 1973 when I was 16/17 - nearly 50 mile round trip for my weedy teenage legs.

Was always well attended by hundreds of cyclists.

Doesn't look that much different tbh - although the old wooden track has gone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice