He's home!!!! :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
003.jpg

Brought him home on the train and it was chucking it down on the way home, so I spent the next half hour polishing off little bits of muck...must not let new bike get dirty (although I'm sure that white handlebar tape is looking grubby already :biggrin:)

Have flicked the stem upwards for now, till I get used to the riding position and being less upright, then it can go down again.

Fitted some Slim Shims, they have made a huge difference - best invention since sliced bread!!!

And yes, I know the picture is taken from the wrong side, but hey, you get the general idea....

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Yay!! He looks very whizzy.

I flipped my stem up and never flipped it back again!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
jayce said:
never tried the stem the other way is it better
I've flipped the stems on both my road bikes. It means a bit less of a stretch down to the bars which helps my bad back. It also means my beer belly doesn't get in the way quite so much. Oh, and it also reduces NNS significantly... :biggrin:

PS Nice bike PP!

bonj2

looks very nice.
apart from the spoke reflectors. bet you've still got the spoke protector disc on aswell havent' you. take it off. it's one of those annoying jobs you've just got to get round to some time!

re. the stem, you might find it's slightly more confident handling with it down. but doesn't make too much difference, so if it's comfortable for you like that leave it .

bonj2

front qr, aswell.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
punkypossum said:
003.jpg

Fitted some Slim Shims, they have made a huge difference - best invention since sliced bread!!!

What are they?

And yes, I know the picture is taken from the wrong side, but hey, you get the general idea....

Is there a wrong side to the bike...?

And there is nothing wrong with it being a him... I have one of each...

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
To answer all the questions:

- He looks like a he, so he's going to be a he (my mtb is male as well)
- He didn't have a spoke guard, so I didn't have to take it off (I knew people would mention the reflectors, but as he will be out in the dark at times, I'm going to leave them on for now - don't really bother me)
- Slim shims are some tiny little contraptions made by specialized that you can stick in the brake levres to make the reach to the brakes shorter; I've only got small hands and my fingers didn't curl round properly without them

What's NNS tho???

Radius

SHREDDER
Nice bike, I've got my stem down but I can stretch :biggrin:
I want to take my spoke 'flectors of as well, but I can't bloody do it, incidentally anyone know how? :headshake:

EDIT: And for those asking about the shims, looks like Spesh does them, but there are specific Shimano reach adjustment shims too. I put mine in just for easier brake lever access...

longers

Legendary Member
Radius said:
Nice bike, I've got my stem down but I can stretch :biggrin:
I want to take my spoke 'flectors of as well, but I can't bloody do it, incidentally anyone know how? :headshake:

A 2p piece turns the locking screw thingy - or more normally - it does on one of them and the other one smears like soft cheese and gets removed manually.

Top Bottom