Hey y'all, from an American expat in Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Hi Catherine. Sit up and beg is it? (never promise to smack anyone on here, they'll probably enjoy it).

My missus introduced a staff appraisal system to a number of offices on the East Coast several years ago. Everything went well until she started talking about involving BM's, high five's and low five's. Cue lots of sniggering and then everyone was high fiving. She didn't have a clue what was going on and had to explain that BM's were Branch Managers, and high/low fives were an appraisal grade. It broke the ice though. :becool:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
CatherineB said:
Speaking of underclothes and language differences: my first job in Leeds was as site secretary on a big construction project. I was offered the chance to climb to the top of the building crane to enjoy the view, but I was worried that my wardrobe would cause problems on the ladder. "I never wear pants", I said. "I don't even own a pair".

Oh, how those builders laughed. That was the day I learned to use the word "Trousers".

Sounds like your a popular lassie, you'll fit right in here... ;)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Welcome to the forum Catherine. I have seen some odd debates on here but this one is certainly original.:-)

CatherineB said:
a chubby little brunette in heels and a skirt puffing her way up a hill on her big red bike, that's me, so give me a wave!

Sounds like my Postman :thumbsup:

colly

Re member eR
I've just seen this place, and your post so ..............Hello Catherine.;)

Another blow-in to Leeds here. Landed up around Oakwood and seem to have stuck.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Top Bottom