Hi all...newbie 'roadie' here....Triban 3-believe the hype?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex11

Hi Alan,
@Alex11-Mine arrived by 48hr Parcelforce in a HUGE box with evidence of having been set-up (ish) checked and tightened before delivery.
w

Wow that's great! Feeling a lot better now about delivery times as most people have said 1-2 days!

Alan57

Haven`t changed anything but the tyres , but will be putting spd`s on it. Flat bits on Dartmoor ?, I wish. I live in a valley so whenever I go out it`s a climb up a hill straight away,not a steep hill but enough to start the ache before you`ve warmed up.. I hate hills :cursing: !! I usually ride from home to Plymouth or home out to Mary Tavy , and on my mountain bike I do a home to Plymbridge woods and back , around 26 miles. I use my bikes for everything so i`m usually loaded up with a backpack full of shopping , but I do the Mary Tavy run as a treat just me no shopping or backpack.

Alan57

Boon 51 , I was the same but I like the drops now although a lot if the time I am on the hoods. Drops do give you a lot more options for hand positions and like most things you get use to them.

Boon 51

Veteran
Boon 51 , I was the same but I like the drops now although a lot if the time I am on the hoods. Drops do give you a lot more options for hand positions and like most things you get use to them.

I'm stll waiting to get a good bike and my head says Hybrid and my heart says Road.. bummer

defy-one

I'm stll waiting to get a good bike and my head says Hybrid and my heart says Road.. bummer

Unless you have a bad back or extremely overweight, that prevents you from going road bike - I would take the plunge. I personally know many work colleagues that went for a hybrid and regretted it after a few months of cycling. They wanted to move up in terms of speed and fitness to a road bike so soon.
I went straight for 2 road bikes - love them both in there own ways

D

Deleted member 20519

Unless you have a bad back or extremely overweight, that prevents you from going road bike - I would take the plunge. I personally know many work colleagues that went for a hybrid and regretted it after a few months of cycling. They wanted to move up in terms of speed and fitness to a road bike so soon.

Even being overweight doesn't stop you from riding a road bike...

sdc11923.jpg

Boon 51

Veteran

Sorry to be off thread for a moment.. What are the Defy 3 like as a road bike..

Cheers Boon..

defy-one

I have ridden the 1,2 and 4. The frame geometry is all the same , but as you go up the scale the components get better and better. The Defy 3 has sora gear changes. So change up is via the thumb and change downs are a flick inwards of the brake lever. I have 105 on the Defy 1 and Sora on the Triban. Both work just fine and I swap between bikes without any issues.
Summary : Defy 3 great bike that will reward upgrades as components wear out

Boon 51

Veteran
I have ridden the 1,2 and 4. The frame geometry is all the same , but as you go up the scale the components get better and better. The Defy 3 has sora gear changes. So change up is via the thumb and change downs are a flick inwards of the brake lever. I have 105 on the Defy 1 and Sora on the Triban. Both work just fine and I swap between bikes without any issues.
Summary : Defy 3 great bike that will reward upgrades as components wear out

Thanks for the good answer..

Top Bottom