hi... can anyone tell me what the make is of the emblem in my profile picture?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukAs98

I'm a 16 year old vintage bicycle enthusiast. I've started a new project but I'm not sure what make the bicycle is. The badge is missing from the stem and this is the only emblem I have to go on.... So does anyone know what make that emblem is in my profile picture of the one attached? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, luke

Attachments

• WP_20141129_016.jpg
    WP_20141129_016.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

Also here are some photos of the bicycle... This may help identify it? does anyone have any ideas how i should do it up?(eg colours, fixie or gears etc) any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 635528890162826083.jpg
    635528890162826083.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 90
  • WP_20141129_012.jpg
    WP_20141129_012.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

Its not a kids seat, its just a spare brookes seat that I got with the bike that I had sitting on the back rack... Maybe should have removed it as it does look like a kids seat haha...

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just did a Google search, and after some searching of images, couldn't find anything suitable either. There does seem to be a lot of web sites discussing bicycle emblems, though, so perhaps you could browse some of them?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm not an expert on vintage bikes but I would say that may be an American make. Looks like it has a coaster rear brake. There are a few CCers from across the pond maybe they might know like @Gravity Aided I have tagged him so he will be aware. Interesting bike, needs a lot of work though. And welcome to the forum by the way.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
May sound stupid but where in the country are you Luke and do you think that front rack is original. Can you post a photo of the crank wheel, that often helps. Is there any markings on the seat. Lepper saddles look like Brooks.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@lukAs98 looks good , does it have gears at mo ?

paintwork looks shot so would have to be re finished

there are a couple of websites that have loads of headbadges on them but mostly the really popular makers not the more obscure ones .

OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

@Cycleops I've tested it and its not a coaster rear brake unfortunately. Thankyou for the help

@steveindenmark I don't think the front rack is original as its aged differently to the rest of the bike. I've attached pictures of the seat and crank now so you can see.

@biggs682 at the moment its single speed however as I don't know what the bike is I'm unsure whether this is original...

Thanks for all the help again, luke

Attachments

• WP_20141130_014.jpg
    WP_20141130_014.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 50
  • WP_20141130_008.jpg
    WP_20141130_008.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 47

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The crank may be the solution, here, I have seen a skip-tooth version associated with the Williams Company. This is a cottered crank when most bicycles would have had Armstrong types.
spcrvrbwilliams1.jpg
this is from an eBay auction.
th
While not an exact match, 2nd from left top looks like a precursor to this design. The eBay auction identified the crank as a Williams. Beyond that, I have no idea, but I'm thinking it may be from the interwar period, maybe early.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
@Cycleops I've tested it and its not a coaster rear brake unfortunately. Thankyou for the help

@steveindenmark I don't think the front rack is original as its aged differently to the rest of the bike. I've attached pictures of the seat and crank now so you can see.

@biggs682 at the moment its single speed however as I don't know what the bike is I'm unsure whether this is original...

Thanks for all the help again, luke

I've no idea about the bike but the mark on the saddle appears to be SYIVIA, does that mean anything to anyone else? Could it actually be SYLVIA? There's other writing above that but I can't make it out. You'll either have to photograph it with more oblique lighting or try a pencil rubbing.

GC

OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

Going on the fact the seat is made by "Sylvia" I believe this bike is French... There are quite a few French bicycles that look very similar to mine on google so I think it is... Still don't know exactly what make so if anyone can find any other info up that would be very helpful.

Top Bottom